Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My leave on 23 March 09

It is so nice to be on leave, doing nothing especially on a Monday where all the people are rushing for work. Actually not really “nothing”. My boyfriend and I have actually planned quite a full day itinerary for today.

Morning, around 11am, we made our way to CityLink’s Coffee and Toast, to have our breakfast (don’t envy us).



Thought we could enjoy a tradition Chinese breakfast but turn out to be not really!!! We ordered two coffees, one soft bun kaya and one tradition ham cheese bread. The coffees were good as always but the breads were just soso especially the tradition ham cheese bread and it still costs SGD2 per slice.


Really do not worth it!

As for the soft bun, it is not as fresh as those from YY, which is diagonally opposite Shaw Tower, is freshly made thus they are much better and softer.


(Coffees and soft bun from YY Coffeeshop)

They are quite well known and even TV station went to interview them before so if free should go try it. However according from my ex-colleague, the service at YY is getting from bad to worse. Still no harm trying for good food.

Then we catch free Central shuttle bus service from CityHall to Central. No idea what I am talking about. There is a free shuttle bus service daily from 11am to 8.45pm either from City Hall or Raffles Place to Central. Details? Check out their website below.

http://www.thecentral.com.sg/home/index.aspx?key=gettingthere

Currently (23 Mar to 29 Apr 2009) there is a bazaar at Central’s The Gallery and the shop, ONLYaesthetics, that my girlfriend is working at, happened to take part in it so went down to take a look.
They sell hair skin care products and carry brands like Mario Badescu (skin care) and Nanogen (hair). Mario Badescu’s products are popular within the Americans and Hollywood celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Charlize Theron, Kate Moss and many more.





I, myself also use it’s Silver Powder that helps to remedy stubborn clogged pores and excessive t-zone oil. Used it once or twice a week, dip a water dampened cotton ball into the powder and press on nose, chin or clogged area. Let powder sit for 10 minutes then remove with toner or astringent. Often I am too lazy to use it regularly but recently due to my white heads break out, I used it on Sunday, hoping for miracles. Even thought my white heads didn’t disappear immediately, I found that my face is clearer and smoother. But I also don’t advise to use it too often as it maybe too drying for the skin. Maybe when I finish my on-hand products, will try more of its products and of course, I can ask my friend to get for me at a discount (hope by then she still with the company).

Anyway if you are interested can drop by the counter to take a look, my girlfriend is very professional and she will recommend according to you skin type and BUDGET too! Or you can check out their website, http://www.onlyaesthetics.com/ or http://www.mariobadescu.com/.

Next on our agenda is karaoke and both of us had no idea where to go as we do not frequent singing. After much ding dong, we decided to walk to Chinatown and go K-Box at Lucky Chinatown.

No choices at all, we can only take the package from 2pm to 7pm, SGD13++ per pax with 2 free drinks. With many other charges, the total bill is about SGD52 for two included a plate of mushroom ball and chips.


However, we did enjoy ourselves, singing and making a fool. As we have to proceed to our next stop, we have to leave at 6pm. What a waste. Maybe next time we will try their lunch time package. It is from 11am to 2pm cost around SGD8 or 9++ per pax with lunch. Nevertheless, current K Box’s monthly promotion is when you sign up for their lifetime membership at SGD10, you will be given vouchers worth about SGD50. As I didn’t sign up for it, so I not sure what sort of vouchers are give.

Lastly, we went home to “catch” the current HK series that was even feature in Sunday Wan Bao (Chinese evening newspaper). Later will talk more about it.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...