Thursday, March 26, 2009

DIY Beauty Care

After stop doing DIY beauty care for a while, last weekend I happened to pass by the supermarket and can't resist going in. End up getting some DIY ingredients such as cucumber, milk, honey etc, household stuff and snacks. Oops forget to buy yogurts.

Not to waste my cucumber, last night I did cucumber mask. It is really very easy to do it plus CHEAP!! Very important for a budget constraints girl like myself. Don't cost a lot since one cucumber costs SGD0.50 and its those Japanese one can last me over a week. Of course, a organic cucumber is better but more expensive. Can cost around SGD2.50 each. Anyway from my previous encounter with normal cucumber, it does not did any harm to my face so I will stick with it. Maybe one of these day will try organic one and see if there is any difference.

Okie I am very lazy even thought I am quite vain so I tend to look out for those most easy, simple and do not have to use brain DIY skin care receipt to follow. Okie don't laugh at me. So for this DIY cucumber mask, I just use cucumber purely and no other ingredients. Of course you can add others according to your preference but due to my skin sensitivity, I prefer not to do so.
Steps for my simple DIY mask:
Use a grater to grate the cucumber to crumbs.
Squeeze out its juice and apply it to face.
Rinse it when dry.

See it is so easy. Within 20 minutes and it is all done. Suitable for busy working class girl like me. Haha still girl.
Anyway I just saw from http://leonsbeautytipsandsecrets.com/ another simple DIY skin care method. It is using honey to keep the skin clean, soft and glowing. She mentioned taking some honey, spread it on the face, gently massage in a circular motion for a minute and rinse off. So simple. However in her post she mentioned using Manuke honey which I don't think I will use that. Even thought I totally agreed with her on all the pros of Manuke Honey but still find it a bit expensive for such usage.
Here is Singapore, a 500gm jar with at least UMF 15 can easily costs up to SGD40 or more. I will rather continue consuming water with Manuke honey every morning before taking any other stuff, which it supposes to help people like me with sinus, a kind of sensitive nose plus all other benefits. Rules for scooping honey from the jar, always use plastic or porcelain spoon as metal will destroy the honey properties. So this weekend, going to try honey facial wash.

Beside cucumber mask, I also made Green Tea for my DIY beauty care. The bag of green tea leaf has been in my fridge for sometime. Actually I asked my guy friend who happened to travel to China, to help me get green tea powder but he got the leaf instead. Guys!!! So not to waste them, I decided to use them but not for consumption as my Chinese doctor advised that it is too "cooling" for my body.

I learnt that Green Tea can be used in washing face, as toner or wet agent for clay mask.

Direction for it:
Mix hot water with green tea leaf for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave it too cool.
Remove the leaf and store it (in glass bottle) in the fridge.

This morning I replaced it as my toner and it is very refreshing. But not too sure whether it has the same effect as toner. I also use it to relief any itchiness on my body. Quite effective. On the other hand, I not too sure how long can I keep them as there is no preservative.
Anyway at night after applying my makeup remover, I use it for rinsing. Very cooling but not too sure of it pros. Will continue using it and see whether my skin has any improvement etc.
Questions??? Feel free to comments. Got other simple DIY receipt, do share with me. Cheers....

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...