Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Body Care

After talking so much about my skin care routine, how about body care??? Actually I am quite slack in this area. Here are some of my body care:

Body wash

The Body Shop Total Energy Exhilarating Body Wash (RP: SGD22.90)

Texture: Gel with small particles
Aroma: Fresh bergamot aroma smell
Colour: Brownish

Note: Still prefer its previous range-Energizing Bergamot body wash, fresher smell and lighter texture


Verdict: Actually I have mention this product before, after using for a while still love it and find it very refreshing after every usage. As always been my essential morning bath item. However, after learning that bergamot essential oil causes sensitivity when exposed to sunlight, I alternate with other body wash even thought I believe the content of bergamot is very little. Prevention is better than cure, right? Still on and off I will still use this and will continue to buy unless I am able to get a better bergamot body wash product.



Palmolive Aroma Therapy Shower Gel with Pure essential oils of Jasmine & Rose, Orchid Extract (RP: SGD5-7)

Texture: Gel
Aroma: Fresh floral smell
Colour: Red


Verdict: Another favorite of mine. It has nice fragrance and not drying to my skin. Furthermore it is affordable for long term usage.




Dettol Shower Gel (RP: SGD6.20)

Texture: Gel
Aroma: Dettol smell
Colour: White (Slight different for different flavors)


Verdict: My nighttime shower gel, which deep clean my body from any dirt after a long day especially when I am out for the whole day. However, it maybe a bit too drying for dry skin type.



Scrub

Usually I will scrub my whole body weekly so as to remove any dead skin cell. Will either use a body scrub or a cheap range of facial scrub (you can use facial products on your body but not the other way round as skin on the face is more delicate than body skin). Currently, I am using The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Scrub my last year Christmas present. I do not really have a preferred body scrub, maybe is because I have not found the ideal one so will continue searching. However, I am not so willing to splurge on it too.

The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Scrub (RP: SGD29.90)
Texture: Gel with particles
Aroma: Fruity smell
Colour: Light purple with black particles


Verdict: Rather lightweight for a scrub. Will try other brand instead as I find it rather expensive to buy.








Beside scrubbing, I will also use either the bath gloves or bath lily to help to exfoliate my body. I prefer bath lily as it easier to use. I find The Body Shop’s bath lily is quite good as it is soft and fluffy thus big enough to handle. Maybe will try Watson’s’.










Moisturizer

Johnson’s Baby Lotion with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E (RP: SGD6.80 from Chinatown)

Texture: Light cream
Aroma: Baby smell
Colour: White


Verdict: Lightweight and easily absorb by the skin. After applying, skin will feel soft and is economical. Aloe Vera & Vitamin E are also very beneficial and nourishing to the skin. I have actually tried out Johnson’s Baby Soothing Naturals lotion and body wash but the smell was not that nice and it is much more expensive. Definitely not in my purchase list.


Beside using a body lotion, I will also use Aloe Vera gel for soothing and moisturizing my skin. Previously, I am using Lily of the Dessert from Nature’s Farm. However they had increased the price from SGD21 to SGD24 plus. So I have stop using this and look for other alternative. Currently using Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera costing SGD15.90 at Chinatown.








Lily of the Dessert from Nature Farm or Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera

Texture: Gel
Aroma: Faint smell
Colour: Transparent

Verdict: Lightweight and easily absorb by the skin. Cooling effect. Good for sun burn and after waxing or shaving. Will continue buying the one from Chinatown. I also purchased organic aloe vera from Whoopeekiddies to use it for my DIY beauty.



Other moisturizers that I have on hand. I will often use them as hand lotion during office hours.



Cellulite Gel


Recently, I discovered I have cellulite at my buttocks, was rather sad. Now trying ways to reduce the appearance and prevent further cellulite from forming. Having been using Garnier BodyFit Orange Peel Defense Firming Roll-on but did not see much improvement.


Garnier BodyFit Orange Peel Defense Firming Roll-on
Texture: Light gel to liquid
Aroma: Orange smell
Colour: Transparent

Verdict: Not easily absorb by the skin. Sticky after using but skin will feel heated up for a while (dunno is it the gel is working on the fats, hehe) Will not buy again as I have bought Organic Shea Butter from Whoopeekiddies as learnt that Shea Butter rich in Vitamins A, E and F. It promotes skin renewal, increase the circulation and help in wound healing. It can be use for dry skin, stretch marks, wrinkles, chapped skin and even dry or processed hair. Can’t wait to try. Moreover my Garnier roll-on is finishing soon.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...