Thursday, March 19, 2009

190309 updates!



Another week is about to end and I have not update my previous week purchases. Really got not much motivation to do anything. Today is the second day without any make up and even the doctor said I look depress!!! Went to see a doctor as I was in doubt whether those white heads on my face are white heads or rashes plus having this terrible flu. Anyway confirmed by my doctor, they are super stubborn white heads. Ah think no choice but to wait till my facial then ask my beautician to clear them for me. More than a week before my next facial appointment. Cannot stand my FACE!

Oh last night,I did managed to use the Healing Herbal Clay Masque on my boyfriend's back. He also got the biting cum itching feeling while the mask is drying up. So I wonder is it meant to be like this or is it I use Lemon Balm Hydrosol or is the mask spoil due to my poor handling etc. Anyway tonight if can, will try it on my leg and see how. Hmm I still got some French Green Clay sample from Your Essentially and Firming / Pore Refining Masque from Whoopeekiddes, hope they are fine to use.

Description:

Firming / Pore Refining Masque (SGD10)
Suitable for all skin type, Used once a week. Twice for very oily skin.

Direction: Mix 1:1 with water or hydrosol or fruit juices or toner.
Ingredients: Kaolin Clay, Bentonite Clay, Rhassoul Clay, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Dimethlaminoethanol (DMAE Bitartrate), Activated Charcoal

White kaolin, also known as China or white clay, is basically kaolinite and is the mildest of all clays. It is suitable for sensitive skin. It helps stimulate circulation to the skin while gently exfoliating and cleansing it. It does not draw oils from the skin and can therefore be used on dry skin types.

BENTONITE CLAY is a combination of montmorillonite and volcanic ash. It is a highly absorbent clay that pulls oils and toxins from the skin. It is best suited for oily skin. Bentonite is also a good clay for shaving soaps (use about 1 tablespoon per pound of soap) and for use as an oily hair and scalp treatment.

DMAE is an amazing nutrient that extends the life of cells, inhibits the cross linking of proteins, which gives the skin a tone and firm appearance. The firm appearance that DMAE can bring to the skin occurs within about 20 minutes and wears off by the end of the day. DMAE has become very popular as a result of Dr. Nicholas Perricone, M.D.'s top-selling book, The Wrinkle Cure, in which he promotes supplementing with DMAE as a treatment for reducing wrinkles. When applied to the skin DMAE would stimulate acetylcholine release which would trigger a response in the muscles of the face. This activity creates a firmer facial tone and less sagging.

Activated charcoal acts like a magnet extracting impurities and unclogging pores.

MSM supplies sulfur to the body which allows it to heal itself. It produces muscle relaxation and reportedly a whole host of beneficial qualities. It has been used with great success in eliminating chronic back pain, muscle pain, repairing cut, scraped, burned and damage skin. We've seen reports of MSM eliminating wrinkles, brown spots, skin tumors, and spider veins. MSM is being used for burn victims and repairing scar tissue. Many people report relief from allergies after using MSM. Other reports indicate that MSM will remove parasites from the body, and help the body to detoxify itself.

French Green Clay (1/2oz, sample SGD3, 1oz SGD5.50 & 2oz SGD8)
Origin: Origin- France
Shelf life: Indefinite (4-5 years recommended)

Also known as Sea Clay, which possess wonderful properties to adsorb due to the constitution of its micro molecules. It stimulates and tones the skin by bringing fresh blood to damaged skin cells and removes dead skin cells at the same time, hence pores are tightened and complexion is smoothened & revitalised.

Uses:
- Suitable for oily, acneic and most problematic skin.
- "Soaks" up excess oils.
- Highly micronised, greater absorption and cleanses the skin of impurities, dust, oil, contaminants.
- Removes dead skin cells and promotes healthy skin renewal.
- Use it alone or with Bentonite clay in baths for troubled skin.
- Use as a poultice for abcesses and wounds.

Some use of clay recommended by Your Essentially:

DIY morning cleanser:
Mix aloe, honey, peppermint hydrosol and clay together.
Gently massage on face and leave on while you bathe.
Rinse off after bathing and feel refreshed!

Or add some clay to your current cleanser for a gentle exfoliating effect (only add in the clay when you need it, not into the whole bottle of cleanser).

Mask:
Mix with water or hydrosols.
Apply to face, allow to dry for oilier skin.
Not necessary to wait until the mask is fully dried for dry/sensitive skin.
Add honey (for healing and retaining moisture), lemon juice (for whitening) or royal jelly (for firming, collagen!), a drop of Tea tree oil or/and Lavender essential oil (for combating acne)

Clays can also be used for joints, sprains, ulcers, abcesses, wounds, infections, burns etc.

For Poultice: Spread a very thick layer of paste (about 1cm) onto a piece of gauze. Apply direct to the affected area, lightly secure with a bandage. Leave it on for 1-2hours but do not allow the paste to dry. Discard and re-apply if required.

Beside clay, I also have Certified Organic Oat Flour powder (SGD5 for 1oz), which can be use in DIY mask or facial cleanser or scrub. Oat Flour acts as a moisturizer by attracting and holding water on the skin's surface. In addition, protein components, such as cellulose and fiber, anchor moisturizers for long-lasting action. The result is softer, more elastic skin. This binding action also creates a barrier which protects the skin from harmful substances. Oat Flour acts as a soothing agent which helps reduce redness and itching.

DIY mask recipe:
-2 tablespoons of oats/oatmeal
-2 tablespoons of yogurt

Stir oats/oatmeal into yogurt and place it in the fridge for several hours. Apply the content to face and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing off in lukewarm water.

You can also add honey.

Another method is pour a small amount of oat powder into palm and add a little of water to make a paste. Apply to face and neck and massage onto skin before rinsing it.

Wow actually I still left with quite a number of DIY items. Since now cannot go out shopping, should spend more time at home trying out all the stuff. If I have a circle of friend who are also interested in all these stuffs, that will be wonderful as we can share ideas or have DIY session together. Too bad. So now I can only do it for my boyfriend and myself. Lucky him and poor me! Maybe this weekend, I shall do back scrub and mask for myself, ask HIM to help me. Then I can RELAX!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i also acne prone skin and i use the Healing Herbal Clay Masque too. I mixed it with the Helichriysun hydrosol. It did control my acne, and skin feels really good after that.


maybe you can stop mixing it with the lemon balm. try mixing it with water, if it feels better on the skin, most likely the lemon balm is the culprit.


Hope this helps you! =D

everything about Ziwei said...

Thax for the advise.

Ya I also think is the lemon balm cos last nite I tried it with mineral water and everything seem fine. Now I can continue using it. Hope it will help to clear white heads too...

cheers. Have a good weekend!

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...