Friday, May 15, 2009

Eat well, Eat right

To have good and healthy skin, one must have external protection such as daily skincare and exercise (something I am still way lacking behind), we must also be aware of what we take in to our body. Cos large part of our nutrient comes from our food. Ideally is to have a balance diet, consisting of carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins, mineral salts and fibre.



Carbohydrates: a source of energy.
Proteins: for growth and repair.
Fats: a source of energy and contain fat soluble vitamins.
Vitamins: required in very small quantities to keep us healthy.
Mineral Salts: required for healthy teeth, bones, muscles etc..
Fibre: help our intestines function correctly; it is not digested.


No idea what am I talking about, never mind. See below diagram and you will roughly have an idea what sort of food we are require to take in daily to keep our body functioning properly.




I know it is easier to say than to do but the minimum we can do is try to take all sorts of food at least once during a day. Such as at least some meat or fish, vegetables, bread or rice in a meal and dairy products, fruits, and sugary foods in another.


Moral: Take moderate portion of any or everything, whether you like or not it.


Now I must keep reminding myself so to achieve better skin and health! You, don't forget too.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...