Saturday, June 13, 2009

Home Broadband at last!

At last I applied my broadband and at this moment,I am surfing at home.


Yesterday took half day leave to the PC show at Suntec. I feel this time round is a bit smaller than the previous one. Only occupied two floors, forth and sixth floor of the Suntec Exhibition Centre. Maybe is Friday afternoon thus not very packed. Initially wanted to buy a laptop as my nephew decided that he needs the monitor back. So went around sourcing for my ideal laptop.


I always like to carry my stuff with me thus I though a 13.3inch and below size laptop will be ideal for me. I don't really like a netbook as there is no DVD drive. One of my hobby is watching show without Internet access and no DVD drive, I can't watch show! Think I will die! During last CNY, I actually carried my sister's friends portable DVD player around just to watch show even on the train. Even thought it is not really that compact and light. Or else, Acer new Aspire Timeline will be perfect for me. It only weights 1.6kg and at only SGD899 (after further reduction). However, its specification is so so only.


Anyway after much consideration, I decided to buy Acer Aspire 4736G-863G32Mn for SGD1,298 with additional 2years extended local warranty. Some of its specification are as follow:

Processor
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 (2.0 GHz, FBS 800 MHz, L2 2 MB)
Chipset: Mobile Intel PM45 Express chipset

Graphic system - Graphic Chip: nVidia GeForce G 105M

Display type: 14 inch WXGA (1366x768)

Memory: 2 GB DDR3

Hard Disk Drive: 320 G 5400 RPM


Optical Disc Drive: DVD Writer (Dual Layer Support)


Web Camera: Acer CrystalEyes 1.3M Webcam

Port & Interface
-3 USB
5 in 1 Card Reader

Connection

Wireless Lan: Intel Wireless Link 5100
Bluetooth
LAN


Battery: Li-ion 6 Cell

Weight details: 2.40 Kg.


Actually other laptop that I am looking are Acer Aspire 2930-643G25Mn (12.1", 2kg) costing SGD1,198 without extended warranty and Dell XPS M1330 (13.3", 1.79kg) costing SGD1,399 with 2 years warranty. However, their specifications are not as good as Acer Aspire 4736G-863G32Mn. Of course, Aspire 4736G-863G32Mn is quite heavy thus I wonder will it be too heavy for me to carry around. Maybe I will just stick to my iPod classic when I am outside.

Luckily I don't want to carry the laptop while applying for broadband and helping my friends to check out other things, I decided to buy it last before I go home. Ah you know at the Starhub counter, I queued for about 2 hours, just to apply my Max Online. Many are queuing for the free netbook. I didn't get the free netbook as need to apply Max online and SCV TV which cost about SGD60 per month. I seldom watch TV at home so don't want to waste such money. Anyway my registration fee is waived off and I have SGD30 Robinsons vouchers. After all is not that bad.

Then after way queuing, my nephew call and said he does not need the monitor anymore as he is buying a new desktop. Now you know why I said luckily I decided to buy the laptop last. Another thing is that Friday and Saturday prices are different for Acer laptop. On Saturday there is additional SGD100 discount on most of Acer laptop. Now the laptop I like is SGD1,198. Take a look at the picture on the right, brochure on the left is Friday's and prices on the left is Saturday's, my nephew got it today when he went down to get his desktop. I wonder will there be further reduction on Sunday??? Very curious about it. No wonder people always said last day got more special discount.

I don't think I will get the laptop cos my desktop is working well. It is quite wasteful to buy a new laptop. Hope my desktop will not die on me. Haha... If tomorrow you are free and like IT gadget, should go down to Suntec to take a look.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...