Thursday, January 25, 2018

Hanoi Day 1

I love travelling but with two kids. It is really not easy!  So for the past two years, we only travelled to China to visit one my of sister and family who stay there.  It is always fun but quite pamper for the kids as my sister and brother in law dote on them.

As i always hope that my kids can experience different lifestyles, culture and see the world! They are very fortunate to be in Sinagpore. Such a clean and safe place.  Very protected surrounding.  I want them to be more aware of the surrounding and not just on themseleves.

So this year my husband and i decided to bring them to Vietnam. As we also want the trip to enjoyable we chose a venue that is more cooling as they love cool place.   The packing was 😰. Not sure whether i bring enough clothes because during my previous trip, i bought not enough clothes and was quite bad.  So this time round, i want to bring enough so that i have one item less to worry.

So here we are, all ready to board the plane.  We only bring two 24 inchs lugguages as i find it may too overwhelming for my husband.  Plus we will be moving almost everyday.

Finally we reached! Hanoi airport.  Looks new, clean and spacious.



Waiting for airport transfer.


Eldest is climbing here and there.


I booked the entire trip via this agency and hotel.  They are small but they delivered what they promised.  I am happy with their services!

Outside the street.


First day is free and easy at old quarters.  We went to the West lake to have a walk. 











The traffic is always pretty busy.  How do you cross the road? Walk slowing across it.  Don't run or rush.  Don't move backwards. Usually the vehicles will slow down and let yiu cross.




Our first stop to drink coffee and rest.

Then we find a restaurant recommended by the hotel's staff.  We chose hitpot as the weather is cooling.  A great time to have it.  And my husband starts his Vietnam's beer discovery journey.

Initially, the staff even help us to cook our items.  Maybe she find the kids are too noisy and playful.

We still have plenty of time before we need to get back to the hotel to change for our train ride.  So we went for drink again. 

Christmas decorations.

Around 8pm we are off to train station.  We will be taking the night train to Lao Cai station to Sapa.



Our room.

Overall the train's bed seems clean.  Train ride can be quite bumpy but we all knocked out.  We only woke up when the train reached Lao Cai station and that's was around 5plus in the morning.

Hope the rest of will be as good as this.  Will continue with our adventure.

Cheers.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...