Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time for Masques

Sometimes I’m confused whether to do facial masques frequently or limit the usage. I know we can’t exfoliate daily, maximum twice weekly. How about masque? My sister who is also a beauty freak told me that it is fine to do daily as most of the masques that I used are not too strong or rich and I got friends who do masque daily whenever they travel. I guess it is to hydrate the skin due to the different pressure on flight (Wonder how air stewardess maintain their skin and most of them have great skin. Or is it because of makeup??? Hmm). But I ever read someone’s blog mentioning that daily masque is too harsh and thus harmful to our skin. So how???
Okie, this is my plan..
- Three times a week – DIY masque using natural ingredients such as cucumber, tomato, fruits etc. (I ever met one Paul and Joe’s sales person who applies fruit daily on her face and she has smooth and brighten skin.)

- Twice weekly – clay masque as my skin type is normal to oily. (FYI, clay is great for removing excess oil, deep cleaning your pores and preventing and clearing up blackheads.)

- Once or twice weekly – sheet masque, hydrating masque or commercial masque in the market.
Sound good? Haha, you must be thinking I’m a freak. Who does masque everyday? Don’t be surprise, there are others like me. The feeling and the smell are so nice and relaxing. Guess is my kind of relaxation beside massage. Make me drool. Time for masque!!!!

Before I go, here is my conclusion:

~ Depend on individual skin condition. Some may be able to take it, some cannot. I guess can only trial and error. I know is tough cos I’m myself still searching for my own best skincare regimen.


~ If you are just using commercial brand masque, don’t use it daily. The most, use it alternate day as I believe commercial masques in some way are stronger and we have no idea what sort of other ingredients they have used.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...