Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pros of Cucumber

Frankly speaking I’m not a cucumber person, don’t really like the taste of it. Quite tasteless. After some research, apparently cucumber is a very healthy and nutritious vegetable to eat or drink the juice. They are mostly composed of water, with lot of other nutrition such as vitamins A, C, and folic acid. The hard skin is rich in fiber and a variety of minerals including magnesium, silica, molybdenum, and potassium.

Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is a trace mineral that contributes to the strength of our connective tissue. Connective tissue is what holds our body together. Cucumbers are effective when used for various skin problems, including swelling under the eyes and sunburn. They also contain ascorbic and caffeic acids. These acids prevent water retention. Guess it is time to slice them and take it as a snack instead of my usual prawn crackers.

Don’t like cucumber snack, no worries, it can also use as DIY masques. Some said it can tighten pores (I hope so)!!! Anyway it is really cheap and simple to do. One cucumber can last more than a week and don’t even need a blender to extract the juice. I just used a grater. Last week, I tried applying the juice over my face and have two slices on my eyes (will help to reduce puffiness, even my mum knows about it) for about ten minutes. It is cooling but didn’t notice much difference on my face. Maybe is because I didn’t leave it long enough to dry before I rinse or I just tried for a week. Of course will continue using, the cost is really much lower than any other choices.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...