Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My first experience with Hydrosol

After getting to know about hydrosol from Viva Woman, I was rather excited about it. As it is natural and can be use for many purposes. Even though right now I only know 3 ways, either as a toner on its own or mix with DIY clay as a mask or mix with scrub. Lastly, it is not costly.

This is my first on-line purchase so you can imagine the excitement. I ordered Certified Organic Helichrysum Angustifolium and Rose Geranium Hydrosol sample size (15ml each) through
www.yoursessentially.com.

Helichrysum Hydrosol – Good for treating scars and is great for sunburns, rashes and skin irritations.Rose Geranium Hydrosol - cellular regenerative and good for balancing combination skin (which I have).
Total, it costs me S$10.60 inclusive of postage. When the package arrived, I was rather impressed as they are all in glass bottles and properly tightened, taped and packed in bubble bags to prevent breakage. Mister was provided too in case customer wants to use it as a mist toner etc. They also gave me a free sample of White Kaolin Clay.

Kaolin Clay is high in calcium, silica, zinc and magnesium, which are beneficial for oily, blemished skin. The clay's mildly drying and disinfectant properties help heal existing blemishes and inflammations, while preventing new ones from forming. The high mineral content of White Kaolin Clay rejuvenates the skin while the clay exfoliates and stimulates blood circulation to the skin. Regular use of clay facials will remove dead skin cells, improve circulation to the skin, remove debris from the pores and bring about a smooth healthy glow.


I have tried both of them and even using Rose Geranium Hydrosol with the clay sample as a mask. They are great! However, the smell of the hydrosol is quite strong so some people may not like it. But it is still acceptable for me. I will definitely continuing using hydrosols as toner as they are more natural as compared with those commercial brands.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...