Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5 Simple Steps to Glowing Skin

1. Always wear sunscreen.

Even on cloudy days. Between 12 to 4pm (hottest part of the day), try to avoid the sun or UV exposure. Doctors advise a minimum of SPF15 daily and be sure your sunscreen has UVA/AVB protection.

2. Eat and drink right.

Liquid ensure the suppleness and elasticity of your skin. Try to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. If not, eat plenty of raw vegetables, fruit and moisture-rich foods. Our body needs vitamins and fatty acids, like Vitamins A, E and Omega 3 and 6, found in foods with healthy fats like salmon, olives and avocados.

3. Find the right skincare regime.

Maintaining skin daily is the most important parts of its health. 1st, cleanse twice a day to remove impurities and let skin breathe. Then tone to remove residue and close pores to prevent further loss of moisture. Most crucially, moisturise. It will help to prevent wrinkles and an uneven complexion, protect skin from environmental damage and nourish and rehydrate skin.

4. Sweat it out.

Stress, tension and anxiety all cause break-outs. Manage it with regular exercise. Endorphins, which are released after exercise, increase blood flow and give you a healthy flush, as well as increasing energy levels and provides a general feeling of well-being.

5. Get eight hours sleep.

Lack of sleeps shows up first on your face - dark circles and sagging skin. Sleep helps the body repair and rejuvenate itself.

Out of the five, I only managed to do the first three. I know a few week ago I am still blogging about my weekend exercise. However, currently don't feel that great plus often play online game so do not enough time for it and sometimes lack of sleep too. I guess is time to cut down on my online game and be health conscious or else my face will not get better (which is the most important thing!).

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...