Monday, May 5, 2014

Chinatown vs NTUC vs Watson's vs iHerb

Now my most frequent shop will be NTUC.  Lol.  More for grocery and household stuff.  The toilettes they carry are mostly those commercial ones, seldom organic brand.  Not as cheap as Chinatown.  However when they having promotion, I don't mind buying from them as the price is quite comparable to Chinatown.  Plus the effort and time to go to Chinatown and carrying the heavy load back.  

Example when NTUC is having promotion for Sunsilk's shampoo.  Two for $15.65.  Each costing about $7.83.  If I don't remember wrongly, Chinatown price is between $6.50 to less than $8.  So I don't really mind buying from NTUC, plus buying more than $200, there will be free delivery.  Now I am mostly at home so I can wait for the delivery.  

Beside NTUC, I also find whenever there is Watson's member sales, some of the toilette and makeups are quite worthwhile.  However you must not mind the crowd and queues.  The queue is killer.  If I don't have a lot to buy, I will rather skip it cos the queue goes round and round especially the one in Tampines Mall.  Or go during odd hour to avoid the crowd.  

Anyway I am quite ks with my household stuff such as toilettes etc.  my store room is filled with stuff.  Of course I don't stock a lot but usually there are backup.  But I will keep track all the stuff so you can tell why I am so busy.  (Maybe now I should do a spreadsheet for tracking.  Lol.)  And I like to buy when there is promotion so they usually come is pair etc.  I also like to buy from iherb especially some of my boy's stuff - organic shower gel and toothpaste.  For his shower gel, each bottle costs about $10 at iherb as compare buying from Unity for $20.  Also trying out new organic brands that I happen to see them selling in Singapore or word of mouth.  

I tried Amazon but I find it quite complicate as it got different seller and the shipping charges are not as clear as iherb.  Of course they have more stuff and some stuff are slightly cheaper.  If I really need to get from Amazon, I will ask my husband to handle it as he is pro in this type of online shopping.  Hehe.  Supplement is also much cheaper in Amazon and iherb.  

Currently I'm waiting for my iherb purchase.  Hope when they delivery, I'm in.  Or else I need to go Singpost to collect.  Very heavy.

Cheers.  


No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...