Thursday, November 2, 2017

Milk kefir

Recently I joined a new facebook group called SG Fermentation Friends as I am quite interested in doing my own enzymes.

From this group i learn a bit more on water and milk kefir and kombucha.  Kombucha is a tea so not really suitable for the kids.  So i decided to try either milk or water kefir.

The administrator is kind enough to spare me some milk grains.  So here i am....

What do i need?
1 teaspoon of milk kefir grains
A cup of lactose based milk

Instruction.
Mixed them in a glass container.  Cover witha clean cloth and seal using a rubber band.

Remove kefir grain with a strainer after 6 to 8 hours.


Kefir grains.



Mix again. New batch of mk.



Usually i will add some honey and will be Ready to drink.

Or add fruits.






It is like a yogurt drink but filled with enzymes and natural defense properties.  Plus it is non-caffeinated and contained calcium.

My husband and i enjoy drinking it.  My kids are getting use to its taste and are drinking it too.  Only cons is my husband and i have to diligently drain the grains twice daily, which sometimes can be a challenge.

Not sure how long my husband and i can last but we will definitely try our best.  Cheers.

No comments:

More food

After my last post, I have been thinking of all those foods that I miss. I also miss my family's weekend walk. Now we tried to stay in m...